What I'm Loving: Composition

Last week, I decided to finish watching season two of The Crown. The Husband happened to be home when I started and he too got sucked in to the series. We ended up rewatching all of season one and the first part of season two so that he could catch up. This had the unexpected effect of leading me to discover new music.

In one episode, Princess Margaret and Antony Armstrong-Jones silently speed away on a motorcycle and argue against the backdrop of some beautiful classical music. I enjoyed the music the first time I saw the episode but I closed my eyes and listened to it during the rewatch. Since I commented about liking the song, The Husband used the Siri to discover the artist.

The track was from the album "Recomposed" by Max Richter. I headed over to YouTube to find that Richter had created a new composition of Vivaldi's "The Four Seasons." The themes from Vivaldi's original work are abundantly clear, but Richter's take feels more lively and energetic. It's a beautiful rendition of the work and I've already listened to the whole album three times.


I love how the soundtrack on a great show lead me to an entirely different piece of work. It's a beautiful bread crumb trail.

Click play if you want to hear the music for yourself. The whole album is worth a listen, but this is the track that sucked me in.

Comments