What I Read This Week: August 5, 2018


Yesterday, I attended my first ever sound bath. It's like basic meditation but with an ever changing soundtrack of gongs, ocean disks, chimes, and the like. It was incredibly restful and felt like an in-person ASMR session. I didn't know what to expect, but I left feeling refreshed and more mindful. Between that session and finally meeting my friends' new baby on Friday, I've had a lovely start to August.

  • Books
    • I am plowing through Crazy Rich Asians. I fully expect to finish it this week and I can't wait to see how everything ends. I've already put the second book in the series on my library holds list.
    • I'm still reading Styling for Instagram. I was a bit too busy to make much headway in it this week, but I think I should be able to finish it off by Wednesday... which is a good thing because it's overdue and I can't renew it because someone else has placed a hold on the title. 
  • Other
    • The opening section of this story about the calm of everything as it should be hit me in the feels. I am the kind of person who can only truly relax when my home is clean and all my tasks completed. I understand the author's description of calm only coming when all is as it should be. 

Comments