What I'm Loving: Adaptation

On Friday, I was finally able to pick up a library hold I had requested months and months ago. Crazy Rich Asians has been on my TBR list ever since I saw the trailer for the film. Between my desire to see the film and several friends recommending the book, I have been hyped up for the book.

This week, that sweet sweet email from DCPL arrived to alert me that my hold request was finally fulfilled. I practically skipped to the library to pick up the book. Then, I nearly ran home so that I could start reading what promised to be a great read.


If I didn't have plans this weekend, I would have ensconced myself on the couch and refused to move until I finish the book. Instead, I ended up spending an hour Sunday morning reading in bed with a mug of coffee simply so I could make a large dent in the book to start. I'm about 100 pages in and I can't wait to keep reading. (I am also grateful for the family tree at the front of the book.)

Aside from the book being enjoyable on it's own, I love the additional anticipation of seeing the film. What will the makers get right? What will they change or leave out? Will I like it as much as the book? More? Will the visions in my head match what the film shows? It's all a big question right now.  That's, however, what makes it fun. Some friends and I have already made plans to see the movie when it comes out. Now, we'll be able to chat all about the book while we wait for the lights to dim.

Comments