What I Read This Week: July 22, 2018


I received a library courtesy notice this week that the books from my binge a few weeks back were due yesterday. I was able to renew all but two them. Sadly, those two have holds. Right now, I face that librarian's dilemma - am I a good patron who returns books on time or do I take advantage of the 30-day grace period before the fines hit? I must admit, I am leaning towards the latter. I had planned on reading those two specific titles last, but I will start to read them next. Go go gadget speed reading skills!
  • Magazines
    • Cooking Light, August 2018 - A whole issue mainly devoted to seafood? Yes, please! This month's issue not only had a ton of great looking recipes (I am all about those tilapia tacos), but it mixed in some wonderful nutrition and science articles. Who knew there was more than one kind of omega-nutrient? I also liked that this issue discussed the various sustainability around fishing and fish supplements. Finally, lots of claps to the various techniques in cooking fish. I usually bake mine, but the braised cod dish might see me branching out.
  • Books
    • I'm still working my way through Likeable Media. I gotta say, this might be one of the best books about managing social media that I have ever read.
    • I finished up The Big Awesome Book of Hand & Chalk Lettering. I really enjoyed how it was formatted and broke down how to draw each style of letter.

Comments