What I Read This Week: June 3, 2018


What a week! I'm in the thick of several work projects that had me in multiple databases and excel spreadsheets. Thank goodness for podcasts to help keep the mundanity at bay. In happy news, The Husband and I got to attend a lecture at the National Geographic Museum. There was a panel of speakers, but the main guest was Robert Ballard... you know, the guy who found the Titanic as a cover story for mapping the location of a downed nuclear sub. It was excellent. The girls and I also got together for brunch yesterday which is always a good time. And this time we tried out a new restaurant.

  • Magazines
    • The Atlantic, June 2018 - I wasn't the hugest fan of this issue. The cover story about the new aristocracy was just depressing. It really sucks to know that so much money and so many resources go to such a small percentage of society. The most interesting story in this issue was about a massive pearl whose owners have all been rather, well, characters. Aside from that, I just fell meh about everything thing else in the magazine this month.
  • Books
    • I finished Capture Your Style by Aimee Song. Since I'm in Instagram a lot (and I don't do fashion or selfies), parts of this book were either too basic or irrelevant for me. On the whole, however, there were some great how tos for stepping up your Instagram game.
    • On Wednesday, I started reading The Lying Game by Ruth Ware. I loved her previous book and this one seems just as interesting. I love a good fiction thriller.

Comments