What I Read This Week: June 17, 2018


If you thought DC and the Capitals stopped celebrating our Stanley Cup victory, you would be very very wrong. The Husband and I joined tens of thousands of others for the parade on Tuesday. The weather was perfect, the crowd was joyous, and the cup was shiny. It was a wonderful day.

In other news, I started binge watching The Office... again... from the pilot episode. Something about this show just makes me smile. No regrets!
  • Magazines
    • Cooking Light, July 2018 - The best part of this issue was the summer essentials section that built a menu out of summer produce. Reading that had me raring to visit a farmer's market to pick up some tomatoes and fresh greens. I also liked the article that took a deep look at the nutrients in organic versus non-organic produce. I knew that organic were better for you in terms of pesticides and all that but I had no idea that the actual nutrients were different. Finally, this issue was full of tasty looking recipes but I surprised myself by not pulling any to try later. That's what I get for having such a huge backlog of things to try in Evernote.
  • Books
    • I put a large dent in The Lying Game this week. The big mystery was revealed and, now, we are coming to how our characters will make it through. Color me intrigued. I should be able to figure this soon and I'm excited to see how it ends.

Comments