In My Ear: June 30, 2018


I listen to a lot of podcasts and NPR while I commute, cook, and clean. Here's a list of my favorite listens from this week.
  • The latest podcast I started binge listening to is Harry Potter and the Sacred Text. While a lot of the shows have been fantastic, this one on Grace, particularly where it discusses Professor McGonagall, was incredibly moving. [Harry Potter and the Sacred Text]
  • Anytime you mix stories of food, culture, and space, I am there. [The Kitchen Sisters]
  • Pregnancy discrimination is rampant. You know... because it makes sense to economically discriminate against women who are helping to create future consumers, innovators, and tax payers. [The Daily]
  • Rambling, the right to roam, and racism. [99% Invisible]
  • Becoming less wasteful is fraught with questions of privilege and the discussion around it is important. [By The Book]
  • Trolls, feminism, and Harry Potter. [Harry Potter and the Sacred Text]
  • The words we use to refer to other people can be demeaning and dangerous. [All Things Considered]

Comments