What I'm Loving: Raindrops

It rained for about 4 days straight in DC this week. As annoying as it was to not see the sun for that length of time, it reminded me how much I love raindrops.

While I am basically a cat who does not like to get wet, I love the sound of raindrops hitting the window. I love the splats fat raindrops leave on concrete. Mostly, however, I love how raindrops cling to greenery and flowers, decorating plants in clear toned jewels.



It's fun to watch raindrops run in to one another, building themselves up into a puddle large enough to tug on the leaves. They then plop down onto the leaves below and the cycle begins anew. When I was a kid, I loved watching the "rain drop" races on the car windows when we drove through storms. I would pick two raindrops and watch them pulse against the window and follow the previous water tracks. I'd pick one and root for it to win. I thought it was a fun game to see. (I'm sure my parents loved that it just kept me quiet during long car rides.)



We're lucky enough to live in a neighborhood that has plants everywhere. We have trees and bushes and ground coverings and lots and lots of flowers. Every walk around the block brings new blooms and dripping leaves. Every single one of them makes me happy.





Comments