What I Read This Week: April 22, 2018


This was a LOOOOONG week that was also a short week because I was barely in the office. I attended the three day Computers in Libraries conference held just over the river in Crystal City. The speakers were full of great ideas this year and I took copious notes (and sent many tweets) to try to remember all the things. I even managed to break out of my introverted-at-heart shell and have some great conversations with people I met. My brain is still digesting everything, but I'm already mentally thinking about a topic to present at next year's conference. I presented on social media related things for the past two years so it might be time to branch out from that. Hmm....

As great as conferences are, they leave me exhausted. I was so happy that I got to sleep in a bit yesterday and today. Is it wrong that I'm already considering a nap later? I think not.
  • Professional
    • It's impossible to attend every conference session, but I try to keep up with all the goings on via the #cildc tag on twitter. Much goodness is to be had there.
  • Books
    • I'm still making my way through The Cooking Gene. It's a really great book, but I was so exhausted this week from the conference that I don't think I read more than 15 pages this week. I have a feeling I will finish this off during readathon... and that would be an okay 

Comments