Readathon Week: Here We Go


Readathon is this Saturday. Huzzah! While the date has been on my calendar since it was announced, somehow it snuck up on me this time. Luckily, I still have plenty of time to plan out how I will spend this glorious day.

In the past, I have created a pile of reading using a mix of books from the library and my own shelves. This time, aside from starting the day finishing off my current book from the library, everything else in my reading pile will come exclusively from my personal book collection. I haven't pulled any titles yet, but I'm looking forward to shopping my own shelve as if they were all new to me.

When it comes to creating a reading pile, I like to balance serious books with lighter reads. The lighter reads tend to be cookbooks or titles that are heavy on the photographs or illustrations. Finding the right reading pile and order to read said books is one of my favorite preparations for readathon. It allows me to think about what is going to make me happiest and keeping me reading for as long as I can.

Join me this week as I countdown to readathon with a post each day until kick-off.

Comments