Readathon Week: The Books


Last night, I toodled around my apartment and picked out books that looked good to me. These random draws now comprise my book list for readathon. I have much less fiction on hand than normal, but I was able to load up on easy reads to help pad my page count. I like to add these easy books because it makes readathon feel more fun and productive PLUS the additional pages mean a larger donation to First Book.

All of these books come from my personal shelves except for The Cooking Gene. This is my current read from the library and I know it's going to take me 6+ hours to finish it on Saturday. It's a great book, but there is so much learn and understand that I'm reading at a rather slow place. Hence the reason I pulled many calligraphy and drawing based titles.

The list below is the order I think I will read the books in, but that could change depending on my mood.

  • The Cooking Gene by Michael Twitty
  • A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo by Jill Twiss
  • Why We March by Artisan Press
  • Dot Journaling by Rachel Wilkerson Miller
  • Botanical Line Drawing: Cactus and Succulent Edition by Peggy Dean
  • The Ultimate Brush Lettering Guide by Peggy Dean
  • Lettering in the Whimsical Woodlands by Peggy Dean
  • Sex Object by Jessica Valenti
  • Fresh Food Fast - Weeknight Meals by Cooking Light
  • Lord John and The Brotherhood of the Blade by Diana Gabaldon

Comments