Pairings: Travelling


Back in college, I took a class called "The Literature of Fantasy." It fulfilled one of my electives, but I mainly took it so that I had an excuse to read and talk about a lot of books. One of the books assigned was J.R.R. Tolkein's The Hobbit. It is the only book related to Lord of the Rings that I've read. When I started reading, I intended to read the chapters as assigned, but I ended up binging the book in chunks. To me, this is a travelling book. We follow adventures and encounter danger and see sights. Good times!

Source
Travelling books need travelling food. Luck for us, someone created a recipe for eleven lembas bread. These are easy to make (very much like scones) and pair well with both tea and beer. I encountered this recipe when NPR posted a story on how to hold a Lord of the Rings marathon with a wonderfully paired menu.

My friends and I hosted a marathon twice. First, we watched Lord of the Rings and the next time it was on to The Hobbit films. Highly recommended!

Comments