Pairings: Rich and Complete


The Crimson Petal and the White is a doorstopper of a book that reads that a summer beach book. It's rich in detail and full of vibrant characters whose lives suck you in from the very first page. The author has crafted such a detailed narrative that, even at almost 1,000 pages this book manages to feel light. I read the vast majority of this book while sitting on a beach. I was amazed how much the story enraptured me and I was sad when I finished this novel. This book is rich with complexity but all the stories overlap and interweave to create a beautifully told narrative.


I am a huge fan of one pan dishes. This 1-pan Greek salmon is amazing for several reasons - it has some of my favorite veggies, involves cheese, and makes for moist fish. The dish is incredibly fresh and filling which is why it pairs well with The Crimson Petal and the White. Like the book, once you start eating you won't want to stop. It's rich and complex, full of different flavors that blend well together. Also, the cheese adds just a touch of delight to bring the whole meal together.

Comments