What I Read This Week:


I spent most of this week, sitting in the same spot on the couch recovering for a cold. It is not my ideal way to spend three days of my life. (Stupid head colds.) At least this weekend, The Husband and I are on our annual "ski" trip. I use the scare quotes becuase it's not really snowing and I don't ski. It's really a "spend a weekend with friends in a nice house outside of DC" trip. That doesn't exactly slide off the tongue.

  • Magazines
    • The Atlantic, March 2018 - This entire issue just gave me the shivers. Between China manipulating Trump, Manafort being the creepiest political operator around, and fears about democracy, I'm just read to throw in the towel. Bring on the happy puppy images! Also, I started listening to The Atlantic's new podcasts. They make a nice supplement to the monthly print issues.
  • Books
    • I finished reading The Story of the Lost Child. It's the last book in Elena Ferrante's Neopolitan series. It did not end at all like I thought it would and I'm not quite sure what to think about that.
    • In a move that is sure to make me continually cranky, I picked up Michael Wolff's Fire and Fury from the library late in the week. I'm only a few chapters in, but I know this book is going to give me a lot of angry feels.

Comments