What I Read This Week: March 18, 2018


This weekend, I am spending a wonderful few days with a friend at a spa in Pennsylvania. We planned this trip back in January and have been eagerly anticipating our pampering ever since. This hotel's spa has a "bathing ritual," luxury relaxation lounge, and all the usual services. Today, I've scheduled myself for a massage and a mani/pedi. We opted to spend the evening further pampering ourselves with facial masques we brought from home. (They just seem to appear in my bathroom cabinet when I turn my back.) I've never taken a trip like this before and, so far, it's been a great time.

  • Magazines
    • Washingtonian, March 2018 - I was wrong when I said the last issue was the final one in my subscription. This issue should be my final issue. Since I made the decision to cancel my subscription, I didn't spend too much time reading this month's content. The cover story on groceries in the area was interesting but it was factual overdose. I did, however, very much enjoy the story of a local DC woman who took her work harassment story to court and won. She paved the way for other lawsuits. 
  • Books
    • I'm still reading Fire and Fury. It's interesting reading this book as more and more information about the Russia story come out. It's like a weird game of connect the dots.

Comments