Pairings: Comfort


 Diana Gabaldon's Outlander is a comfort read to me. I know the story backwards and forwards. No matter how many times I reread it, I'm reminded of why I love the series. The writing is exquisite, rich in descriptive detail and history. The characters are fully formed and you can't help but be enthralled by their story. This is a book I go back to time and again because it makes me feel happy and at home.


On my next reread, I think I'm going to have to pair an hour of reading with this delicious apple pie baked oatmeal. Budget Bytes is one of my favorite food blogs and her other baked oatmeal recipes are incredibly tasty. This dish is easy to make and offers the same warm, comforting feel I get from reading Outlander. This recipe also offers the bonus of recreating a food often found in the book -parritch. Translated from the Scots... porridge. It's a hearty dish for a hearty book.

Comments