In My Ear: March 10, 2018


I listen to a lot of podcasts and NPR while I commute, cook, and clean. Here's a list of my favorite listens from this week.

  • I'm a feminist. I am fully aware of the inherent gender bias that exists when it comes to women who fulfill leadership roles. It's incredibly frustrating that women have to fight societal paradoxes to make even marginal gains in politics and the boardroom. [Hidden Brain]
  • My father loves to track down branches of our family tree. This family tree is massive. I have a feeling he might try to figure out if we're connected to it. [Weekend Edition Sunday]
  • The brains of people who hoard are wired differently. [Young House Love]
  • The tale of the Trump dossier is complicated and it's impact unknown. Get a rundown of just how it came about with this story. [Fresh Air]
  • Anytime someone interviews John Oliver, it's a good day. [Fresh Air]
  • I was amazed to learn about the amount of research (and odd research, to boot) that goes into making a single episode of a TV show. [The West Wing Weekly]
  • One of my favorite NPR podcasts is back and, in this season's first episode, the last five minutes are exceptional storytelling that had me holding back tears. [Hidden Brain]

Comments