In My Ear: February 24, 2018


I listen to a lot of podcasts and NPR while I commute, cook, and clean. Here's a list of my favorite listens from this week.

  • One of the best parts about the Olympics is hearing some of the behind-the-scenes stories. Did you know that different ice events require different kinds of ice hardness and texture? I didn't! I thought all ice was just ice. [All Things Considered]
  • The Shape of Water is up for many Oscars and one actor went through a lot to portray the male romantic lead. [Fresh Air]
  • DC could learn a lot from the bus rapid transit system in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. [All Things Considered]
  • How we view marriage has changed drastically throughout history. It's harder than ever to have a successful marriage today and that's because we expect a lot from our partners in modernity. [Hidden Brain]
  • You have this food explorer to thank for bringing quinoa into your diet. [All Things Considered]
  • If you want a primer on all things Trump and Russia, listen to the most recent episodes of this NPR podcast on collusion and obstruction. [Embedded]

Comments