Reading Mojo

I'm not quite sure when it happened, but my reading mojo is back. I keep adding books to the pile on my nightstand, I have library holds waiting to come in, and I can't wait to settle in each night with my current read. Heck! I'm even buying books... which is not something I do all that often anymore.

I'm excited by all of this and I hope the trend continues.

It's been quite some time since I was last this excited about reading. I will always read, but I go through spurts where I feel "meh" about it all - even if I love the current book in my hands. Right now, I feel like I could read the worst schlock that exists and still love it. In some ways, I feel like I'm on a high crest of a wave, devouring everything in reach, and always ready for more.

This kind of reading energy ebbs and flows, but it's always enjoyable when it appears. I like to take advantage of my sudden spurts to read as much as I can for as long as I can. There's no guarantee that I won't hit a reading slump a month or, even, a day from now. I'm finding time to read a home, during my commute, and sneaking in some more pages during my lunch break. Anytime seems like a good time to read right now.

The weird thing about reading mojo is that it comes and goes as it pleases. Instead of wondering when I'll fall off this high, I'm just going to enjoy the ride.


Comments