In My TBR: Why We March

Purchase

Title: Why We March: Signs of Protest and Hope - Voices From the Women's March
Author: Artisan

How Long It's Been a TBR: Since it came out about a year ago... and I lucked out and got it as a gift for Christmas.

Why It's a TBR: I attended the Women's March last year. I was devastated by the result of the 2016 election (we're talking crying in the shower for over a week levels of devastated) and there was no way I was going to miss this march. It turned out to be an incredibly day. I was among friends and hundreds of thousands like-minded souls who could not be silent. We couldn't see the stage from our spot, but it didn't matter. There was a buoyant camaraderie aimed toward making our voices heard. We marched. We chanted. And we made some phenomenally good signs. This book celebrates that day. The second I saw it existed, it went in the TBR.

Some of the signs I saw at the march. 

Chance I Read It Soon: Extremely high. The anniversary of the march is in a few weeks and I can think of no better way to relive that amazing day than to read this book.

Comments