Best of 2017

I'm declaring 2017 the year of indulgent reading. While there were a few books in my pile this year that felt like "should" reads, I mostly grabbed books that I wanted to read. That was my way of ignoring everything "else" that was occurring in the world. (I love living in DC, but it does have it's downsides. *coughalwayswiththepoliticscough*)

In 2017, I managed to finished reading 36 books totaling 10,273 pages. That's just one book different from last year. I might have hit a consistent pace to my reading. One of my goals is to "simplify" over the next year. I hope a side effect of that is more time for reading.

The year in ratings. All in all, it was an above average year, but there were very few exceptional reads. That made them stand out all the more from the rest of the pack.

0 = 10/10 [Best. Book. Ever.]
2 = 9/10 [Excellent!]
4 = 8/10 [Terrific]
16 = 7/10 [Very Good]
12 = 6/10 [Good]
2 = 5/10 [Meh.]
0 = 4/10 [An "Okay" Book]
0 = 3/10 [Poor, Lost Interest]
0 = 2/10 [Awful]
0 = 1/10 [Don't Waste Your Time]

Now for the year in genres. It was definitely heavy on the Young Adult titles because of my end-of-year binge. (I would totally do it again.)

Young Adult = 11
Fiction = 10
Non-Fiction = 5
Cookbook = 3
Library Science = 3
Handwriting = 2
Art = 1
Juvenile = 1

Lastly, here are my top 5 reads for 2017. If you don't read my number 1 book, I will pout at you.

5. My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante
4. The Siren by Kiera Cass
3. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
2. Feral: Rewilding the Land, the Sea, and Human Life by George Monbiot1. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas

Comments