What I Read This Week: December 24, 2017

Short work week! I love the last work week of the year because I can take care of those little things that pile up on my to do list... like cleaning out my desk and my email. I get to feel very productive right before heading into a vacation. That is the best.

The short week was not entirely restful because The Husband and I are hosting our families for Christmas again. I baked all the things. I cleaned all the things. I laundered all the things. I wrapped all the things. I sat for a bit. And then I cleaned some more things.

Everyone is in town now and we've got a list of fun things to do in DC... including Zoolights, an escape room, and visiting ICE! at the Gaylord National Harbor. Also, eating. There will be a lot of food.

  • Magazines
    • Washingtonian, November 2017 - This was a chunker of an issue, and the vast majority of the pages was devoted to local top docs. Skip. I much preferred the articles the difficulties of being the ambassador from Yemen and how the US came to possess a stash of Nazi art.
  • Books
    • I finished reading the last book in the Selection series, The Crown. This book was better than The Heir, but I think the series should have stuck to the original three titles.
    • Because I, apparently, can't get enough of Kiera Cass, I started her other book, The Siren. It is beautiful and I love it even more than the Selection series. Please make this a movie!
  • Other
    • The New York Times chronicled in the retrieval of the bodies of climbers who perished on Everest. It's not a happy story but it is a fascinating one.

Comments