Book 29: The One

TITLE: The One
AUTHOR: Kiera Cass
STARTED: November 3, 2017
FINISHED: November 5, 2017
PAGES: 323
GENRE: Young Adult

FIRST SENTENCE: This time we were in the Great Room enduring another etiquette lesson when bricks came flying through the window.

SUMMARY: [From BN] Entering the Selection changed America Singer's life in ways she never could have imagined. Since she arrived at the palace, America has struggled with her feelings for her first love, Aspen—and her growing attraction to Prince Maxon. Now she's made her choice . . . and she's prepared to fight for the future she wants.

THOUGHTS: If you look at the dates about, you'll notice that I finished this book in less than 48 hours. Yup. Two late nights of reading because I just had to know how this series ended. You go into this book knowing how it ends. You just know what will happen to the characters, you just don't know how they'll get there and that is what kept me reading.

I will admit that the final chapters surprised me. I knew what would happen to our hero and heroine in terms of each other, it was how their other storylines wrapped up that surprised me. I'm happy to say that as over the top as all that was, I still think those were the right decisions for the series.

I'll say it again, this series is not actually good - it's too dramatic, the writing is simple (albeit it cinematic), and the characters are frustrating and, on some level, stereotyped. But none of that mattered. It was if all of the wrongs still made a right. I didn't care that this series had obvious flaws, I still could not wait to get to the last page.

RATING: 7/10 [Very Good]

Comments