Why I Love... [ ]

It's been two weeks since I posted a Why I Love entry. That means today is my next scheduled post in this category. But, you know what, nothing comes to mind. 

It could be the head cold I'm fighting. It could have been the alerts on my phone going off from 2:30am to 3:30am for a lockdown on the campus I work at. (Everyone is fine. It was just a precaution.) It could be that I'm not in the mood to be grateful. It could be that I've found all the obvious things I love. Whatever the case may be, my brain is just not able to focus on one thing I love right now that is related to reading, books, or libraries.

My brain wants to be empty. And that's okay. Sometimes it takes a breather to remember what we love and need most. 

It's like when you hit a reading slump and nothing seems to suite your mood. Every book just seems lacking somehow or not right for the moment. And that is okay.

Having space gives perspective. Having space gives time for your emotions and your needs to clarify themselves.

When you are ready to get back to things, I find that that having space offers a chance of renewal and new energy.

So, there's no Why I Love post today.

There's just this space.

Comments