Three Day Countdown

Readathon is on Saturday. We've got three days to go and I am almost ready.

On Monday, I put in my holds requests at the library. Since all of the books I requested had no wait list, I was sure they'd be waiting for me in 36 hours. Yeah.... no. I just got the pick-up notice on two of them today. Fingers crossed the rest of the titles come in before I head to the library tomorrow after work. If they don't, I might be trolling my own shelves for readathon appropriate books. That's going to be a hard task because I seem to have only non-fiction items left and I prefer to read fiction during readathon.

Snacks wise (and let's be honest, the food is just as important), we're sticking to the tried-and-true meal plan I've followed during past readathons. I'll have a kick-off snack, breakfast will be a hot dish (I'm thinking this banana break baked oatmeal from one of my favorite food blogs), lunch is a smorgasbord of vegetables and cheeses, and dinner will either be delivery or whatever The Husband whips up.

As has been working for me lately, I'm going to take the chill track on readathon itself. I'll post when I wanna post (both here and on my Instagram), eat when I wanna eat, and sleep when I wanna sleep. Even though The Husband and I got back from our vacation not too long ago, I am super-excited for a day a home devoted to nothing but reading.... and a little watching for sports as both my Notre Dame Irish and Washington Capitals have games scheduled... at the same time. The Husband will be flipping back and forth between the games for me.

Is it Saturday yet?

Comments