What I Read This Week: September 10, 2017

Guess who walked 13 miles on the holiday Monday. This girl! (And The Husband.) We had planned on just walking down to Roosevelt Island and hiking around the island for a bit (5.5 miles). We did do that, but we then tacked on walking from Roosevelt Island to the Tenleytown neighborhood of DC for a tasty Mexican lunch and errands (4.5 more miles). We then walked 3 more miles home. It was a jam packed day but the weather was too pretty to be inside.

One thing I love about DC is that we can, generally, walk almost everywhere. The Husband and I consider walking distance to be anything within 3 miles, but if the weather is good we'll basically walk everywhere. It's great for the health but it does do a number on my shoes. I've walked holes into many of them.

  • Work
    • It's been a while since I posted about this, but I'm slowing working my way through Digital Imaging. It's turning out to be quite useful as I draft our plans for a digitization program.
  • Magazines
    • HGTV, October 2017 - This issue had pretty pictures. That's about it.
    • Food Network, October 2017 - I generally love it when the fall issues of food magazines come out. They are full of comforting casseroles, soups, and stews. This issue had a few nice looking recipes of that sort, but I most enjoyed the features on tailgate snacks and Halloween party themed foods. I might be able to use some of those (with a few festive tweaks) for our annual Christmas party.
  • Books
    • I'm still reading Feral. The writing is very good and so is the narrative, but man does it take me forever to get through non-fiction. I'm aiming to finish this before we go on vacation at the end of the month.

Comments