What I Read This Week: August 6, 2017

This was, perhaps, one of the most normal weeks I've had all summer. Work was just work. Home was just home. There were no random nights out. There was just daily life. I kind of liked it. Must be the introverted side of me.

  • Work
    • I started reading Digital Imaging: A Practical Handbook by Stuart D. Lee this week. We're pivoting toward digitization in my department so I'm reviewing information that might be of use in getting our nascent program to the next level. 
  • Magazines
    • Food Network, September 2017 - This issue had quite a food tasty looking recipes. I most enjoyed the ones that were included in the sheet pan dinners and cookout cookbook section. I also liked the small pullout book devoted to sandwiches. The article on baking and cooking tips from readers had a few things I've not seen before. There was a lot of love for using cooking spray to deal with sticky ingredients.
  • Books
    • I'm still making headway in Before the Fall. I really just ought to spend one night ignoring the internet and finishing this book. Falling asleep after 5 pages each night is really throwing off my reading groove. I was smart one day this week and got in to bed early one night and read for about an hour. Definitely got through more pages that way.
  • Other

Comments