Why I Love... Killing Time

A few weeks ago, The Husband needed to get a haircut. We were already doing other things downtown so it didn't make sense for me to go elsewhere. Luckily, there are several bookstores in the location of his hair cuttery. I decided to head to the nearest one to kill time.

I absolutely love killing time in libraries because, no matter how much time you have, you can always find a way to fill it. If you have a few minutes, you can browse the shelves. If you have a half hour, you can grab a book that looks good and read a page or two. If you have longer, you can always buy a book or magazine, sit down, and read until your time is up.

On this particularly day, I went to Kramerbooks. It's a fabulous independent store with an attached restaurant and coffee bar. The store recently expanded, so I made a beeline for the new area to check things out. I didn't know how long I had before The Husband would be finished, so I spent about 45 minutes scanning every shelf in the store while the smell of coffee wafted from from the cafe. The smell of freshly baked pie also tempted me, but I was able to distract myself by tracking down a book I've not been able to find in the local library system.

Before I went to the store, I told The Husband I would only buy two books. I left with four. (Oops.) It was a great way to idle away an hour of my time.

Can't wait to do it again!

Comments