What I Read This Week: April 2, 2017

Hoo-boy! I don't normally have to extrovert this much in a month... let alone in a week. I spent the bulk of the week attending the Computers in Libraries conference. It was three days of great sessions, meeting people, and following conversations on Twitter.

I ended the week celebrating a friends wedding. On Friday, The Husband and I attended the welcome dinner. These friends work with the State Department so they've traveled the world, and the food was awesome. It was taste of everywhere they've been. The wedding, yesterday, was lovely and a heck of a lot of fun.

Now I need to spend some time introverting to recharge my batteries. Excuse me as I burrow under a blanket and ignore the world for the rest of the day.

  • Work
    • This is quite work reading, but roll with it. This week I attended (and presented at) the Computers in Libraries conference. There were a bunch of great presentations but, as always, the tweets surrounding the event make it even better. If you're interested, check out the #cildc hashtag on Twitter.
  • Magazines
    • Washingtonian, February 2017 - The bulk of this issue was devoted to the best DC area restaurants. I added a few to my list, but I've seen most of the names before. In this issue, I most enjoyed the article on the ghostwriter who worked with mulptiple high-level politicians. It was a fascinating look into political life that you don't often hear about. Finally, I enjoyed the article about Larry Hogan, the governor of Maryland. 
  • Books
    • I am still reading 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I am still enjoying the story - even the minutia. At this point, I have a feeling that I won't finish this book until readathon. But finish it I shall!
  • Other

Comments