Why I Love... A Nightstand Full of Books

Today was my last day of work before the new year. (I *heart* beings on an academic calendar.) Before I left the office, I made sure to grab several books to get me through the break. I have three books, two of which are academic, waiting for me. It's unlikely I'll even finish one book, but I love the possibilities the stacks on my nightstand represents.

The nightstand stack makes me happy because I know that there is something up next. I know that I have plenty to keep me occupied if I read faster than expected. It also means that if I finish reading one book and am still awake, there is another waiting for me right there. I don't even have to get out of bed to grab my next book. The nightstand stack represents possibilities and it represents the future. There is so much to read and so much to learn. I love knowing that there is always something new to look forward to.

Comments