What I Read This Week: December 4, 2016

The Husband was out of town for most of the week. That meant that I stayed up way later than normal for two reasons - 1. every noise was suspect 2. I was busy binge watching The Crown on Netflix. I managed a bit of reading, but my magazine box is still jammed full with back issues. I'll get to them eventually.
  • Magazines
    • Washingtonian, November 2016 - The bulk of this issue was basically an advertisement for local doctors. Blergh. At least there were decent articles on the Loving Supreme Court case and a feminist approach to self defense. Additionally, there was a legitimately interesting section on the three local DC airports. Finally, the article on Trump's new hotel and it's battle with keeping a restaurant just made me sad. Very sad.
  • Books 
    • I'm about halfway through Kate Alcott's The Dressmaker. To put it bluntly, this book is not good. At this point, I'm only reading it to see how it ends.
  • Other
    • The Chronicle of Higher Education featured an article on the death of cursive. As someone who loves to write in cursive, this makes me sad.
    • You might sniffle while reading those story about a white envelope at Christmas.

Comments