CURRENTLY READING: Just finished reading The Dark by Lemony Snicket.
THOUGHTS?: This kids book has been on my TBR list since it came out. I finally got my hands on it, and it was really adorable. I'm going to make The Husband read it.
SNACKS AND STUFF: I devoured my kick-off snack of greek yogurt with honey and granola. I am also enjoying my first cup of coffee.
PAGES READ SINCE LAST CHECK-IN: 40
PAGES READ TOTAL: 40
I love starting readathon with a quick and easy book. It gives me a sense of accomplishment to start the day. Also, I tend to still be waking up, so lighter books are about all I can handle.
Also, here are my answers to the opening meme.
- Washington, DC - where the weather has finally turned seasonal.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
- That's a tough one. Probably this first one (The Dark by Leomony Snicket) just because it has been on my list for ages.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
- There are sugar snap pea crisps with my name on them.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
- I'm just going to steal my Twitter bio for this: "Librarian. DC resident. Food lover. Fan of exploring things because - Ooo! That's interesting! - is a good policy in life."
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
- This is my umpteenth readathon. Today, I shall likely be adding naps to my rotation so that I can get over this darn head cold.