What I Read This Week: July 10, 2016

DC is going through it's first heat wave of the summer. While it stinks that commuting is a sweaty mess, the high temperatures meant I got to have fun with work's social media posts this week. I am a gif searching machine!

Now I miss having a pool. Phooey.
  • Work
    • College and Research Libraries News, July/August 2016 - I thought I would breeze through this article fairly quickly, but then I ran into the article called "That's not my job." It's got some great points that I hope to incorporate into an article I'm writing. The list of job burn out resources could also prove to be helpful one day.
  • Magazines
    • The Atlantic, July/August 2016 - When the stories from this issue showed up on the website, I got really excited to receive me issue. That must explain why it took two weeks longer than normal to arrive. That's what I get for anticipating things. The entire issue was great, but I most enjoyed the article on the Jesus's wife manuscript fragment. The author did a fabulous bit of detective work and I was completely wrapped up in the story. Additionally, the cover story on how American politics went nutso was very informative and an important read for any politico. I also liked the brief piece on Chelsea Clinton's place in the political realm.
  • Books
    • I finished reading Doctor Dealer mid-week. It was not Bowden's best book and I think that's because it was one of his earliest. I still very much enjoyed it overall... and now I need to track down what happened to everyone because Bowden wrote this almost 30 years ago.
    • I started Into Thin Air. Yippee! So far it's doing a great job feeding my mild obsession with Everest. I do find it odd that I'm reading about people in snow and cold weather gear while DC is going through it's first prolonged heat wave of the summer. 

Comments