#Readathon Check-In The First

Good morning! I hope you all are ready for a wonderful and relaxed read-a-thon. Goodness knows I am. This is the most excited I've been about read-a-thon in quite some time. I also need a day like this after going the game last night and watching my Washington Capitals not secure their spot to the next round of the NHL playoffs. C'mon team! You had a 3-1 series lead! But I digress...

Look-ee here!


I've got my (much needed) mug of coffee and traditional kick-off snack (plain greek yogurt with granola and a drizzle of honey) by my side while I tackle my first book, In The Stacks: Short Stories About Libraries and Librarians. I started this book earlier in the week and I hope to have it wrapped before breakfast. Actual breakfast. Breakfast with eggs and sausage.

Onto the opening meme!

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Currently overcast and loud bird-call filled Washington, DC. Seriously with the birds. They woke me up at 6am singing me the song of all their people. ALL OF THEM.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Preservation by Blake Little. It's a photographic art book, but I've wanted to read it since I heard about it and saw a trailer of the man's art.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
The cheeses. I am a sucker for cheeses.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
To quote my Twitter account: "Librarian. DC resident. Cupcake Lover. Fan of exploring things because - Ooo! That's interesting! - is a good policy in life."

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
I am a read-a-thon veteran. This is my [I don't remember the actual number] read-a-thon. This time around, I'm being more relaxed. Fewer blog updates, putting less pressure on myself to READ MOAR BOOKS all day. I just want to enjoy a day meant for reading.

Comments