Book 5: In The Stacks

TITLE: In The Stacks: Short Stories about Libraries and Librarians
AUTHOR: Michael Cart (editor)
STARTED: April 17, 2016
FINISHED: April 23, 2016
PAGES: 270
GENRE: Short Stories

FIRST SENTENCE: [From the Introduction] I grew up in Logansport, Indiana, a small valley town on the banks of the Wabash River.

SUMMARY: [From BN] Libraries, with their miles and miles of books are, for writers and readers alike, the magical portal to new worlds-the source of terrors, delights, and pleasures aplenty.
Here, in one volume, noted author and librarian Michael Cart has assembled a fascinating collection of twentieth century short fiction about libraries and librarians.

THOUGHTS: I don't think I've ever read a book of short stories before. I assume that this book is like others, some of the stories are great, some meh, and others are just plain confusing or bad. This book was definitely a mix of all of that. Some stories have still stuck with me (and I wish they were longer) others were just downright bad. I would recommend this to other librarians and booklovers, but casual readers might want to stay away.

RATING: 6/10 [Good]

Comments