What I Read This Week: December 27, 2015

I hope everyone had a joyful and relaxing holiday. This post is going up later than usual because we were seeing the families off. We hosted Christmas this year and it was a grand... with far too many cookies.

As it should be!

  • Magazines
    • Washingtonian, December 2015 - The cover story was all about how metro is basically falling into a pit of despair and the systematic failure is so bad there is no hope for fixing anything any time soon. As a heavy metro user, all I can say is, "Word." Aside from that piece that had me head bobbing in agreement, I enjoyed the large gift guide and really cute panda image story. There was also a story about the Discovery network that has seen massive ratings by creating formulaic shows that dramatize murder stories. Not my cup of tea, but the insights were interesting to read.
  • Books
    • I'm still working on Titanic: A Love Story. It is most definitely not a good book. To start, there are too many characters for such a short book AND their stories are overly dramatic. That said, I won't stop reading cause I just have to know what happens to everyone once the ship sinks.
  • Other

Comments