What I Read This Week: November 1, 2015

My magazines are starting to form a small mountain. I'm trying my best to read through the pile, but I don't seem to be making a dent. Harrumph. Given that The Husband and I are hosting Christmas this year, I hope I make it through all the holiday issues (just in case they have any tasty meal or hosting ideas).
  • Work
    • College & Research Libraries News, October 2015 - I skimmed this issue. Nothing jumped out at me, so it was a quick "read."
  • Magazines
    • W, October 2015 and November 2015 - I still have no idea how I came to receive issues of this magazine. It took me all of 15 minutes to flip through both issues. I'm not really into any of the content. If I remember, I'm going to find a way to remove myself from this mailing list.
    • Good Housekeeping, November 2015 - Holiday issues are the best, They're full of tasty recipes and fun hosting ideas, and this issue was no different. This issue also celebrated the 130 year history of GH. It was kind of fun to see all the "back in the day" bits they scattered through the issue.
    • HGTV Magazine, November 2015 - This issue was mainly pretty pictures. I'm okay with that, it's always fun to flip through and see pretty thing. I did like the article on how to decorate with the color gray, cause I love me some gray.
    • Food Network Magazine, November 2015 - Nom nom nom. *flips page* Nom nom nom. *flips page* Nom nom nom. If ever there was a good issue of Food Magazine to buy, it's this one. This was chock full of delicious looking Thanksgiving meals and sides.
  • Books
    • The Husband and I sat down last weekend and finally watched the last two episodes of Outlander. I know the next book has been greenlighted to continue the series, so I was inspired to pick up Dragonfly in Amber for a reread. I forgot how this book started, and I can't wait to hear how the non-readers react to the series. So far, so good with the re-read, but this book is lengthy and may take me until Christmas to finish. 

Comments