Why I Love... Leaving Books for Others in Random Places

When The Husband and I were on vacation last week, we spent the majority of our time reading on the beach. It was awesome. Even more awesome? The towel stand had a "give a book, take a book" location. (I saw the same thing on our honeymoon in Barbados.)

This is spectacular! I love the idea that fellow vacationers leave books behind for each other. If I had finished my book I would have left my doorstopper for someone else to enjoy. It's a brilliant way to share reading (and lighten your suitcase).

This set-up also reminded me of BookCrossing, the website that encourages users to leave books in public locations for others to enjoy. These books are stamped/flagged/whathaveyou with a tracking number so fellow readers can update the website with the book's journey.

Part of being a reader is sharing what you've read with others. Leaving books in random places for others to discover is a great way to brighten some reader's day.

I guess you could say books have two stories: the one between the covers and the one they take themselves.

Comments