Why I Love... Little Free Libraries

Any place I can grab books for free is my kind of place. That is why I absolutely love the Little Free Library system that is springing up around the world.

The concept is simple, place a water-proof "bookshelf" on your property where it is accessible to others, fill with books, let people give and take as they please. That's it. The community gets to share books amongst itself. How could you go wrong?

I've always wanted to live somewhere with a Little Free Library, and now I do. A neighbor placed one on their lawn a few months ago. I pass it routinely during my workouts, and I love seeing the selection of books change over. The images below were taken a few weeks apart.



The next time I finish a book I can donate, it's going in this Little Free Library... and am taking another home with me.

Comments