What I Read This Week: August 9, 2015

The republican debate(s) were this week. I watched. I won't share my thoughts, but I will say that I am excited election season is upon us. I am a bit of a political junkie so I just eat this stuff up. The Husband is a wonderful guy for he listens to my many opinions about many things.
  • Magazines
    • Washingtonian, August 2015 - This issue was all over the place, but it was pretty good. The cover story on small towns was nice. I'm from a (very) small town so I shant be moving to one of these anytime soon, but a day trip is not out of the question. One of the feature articles was bout the artistic director of the Washington Ballet, Septime Webre. He seems like and awesome guy, and his work is amazing. The best pieces in this issue were on parenting: the first was about a doctor who studies child behavior and the second was on the new rules of parenting.
    • Food Network, September 2015 - Normally I don't pull that many recipes from this magazine. They're usually too heavy
      for our tastes, but this issue had some amazing options. I only pulled two to try, but almost everything in this issue looked great. I loved the features on bar cookies, grilled cheese, and tomatoes. Outside of the recipes, there were two nice articles: one about Ted Allen's cookbook collections and another about a food network star's wedding. I'd have to give this issue two thumbs up.
  • Books
    • I'm slowly making my way through In Search of the Perfect Loaf still. It's a good book, but The Husband and I are were on a Top Gear Special kick. We watched more than we read this week.

Comments