What I Read This Week: August 23, 2015

It was quite the week. Our neighbor's apartment had a massive leak of some sort about two weeks ago. The water managed to seep into our bedroom and completely warp and buckle our parquet floor. We called the building manager about the problem and they started replacing the floor on Monday. The Husband and I had to clear out the bedroom (and a hallway closet) so that they contractors could replace quite a bit of square footage of flooring. We've essentially been living in a studio all week. The bed lived just off our living room rug and next to the dining room table. When we read before falling asleep, I use the office desk as my nightstand. It's been weird.

Happily, the work is done and our apartment is back together. Fingers crossed the leak does not return.
  • Books
    • I finished In Search of the Perfect Loaf on Monday. Turns out I had all of 10 pages to kill off. It was a good book... and it truly did make me want to eat all the carbs I could find.
    • I also finished Truce. It's a juvenile book about the World War I Christmas truce. For some reason I thought it was supposed to be a graphic novel. It wasn't. It was not a bad book, but I still kind of wish it was a graphic novel.

Comments