What I Read This Week: July 26, 2015

As a belated birthday treat to myself, I had my first ever facial on Friday. It was quite the delicious bit of pampering. I think I shall go again.
  • Work
    • I flipped through the main highlights from this year's annual ALA conference. I'm bummed that I can't make the annual conference every year, but I'm glad they send out the wrap up notes. 
    • I perused the July/August 2015 issue of College and Research Libraries News. Most of the articles were about library renovation and the use of space which I always find interesting. I also enjoyed the piece of developing a strategic vision at the GW libraries. Always nice to see what is going on with the libraries in our consortium.
  • Books
    • I motored through The Royal We like I was chowing down on cheez balls. It was amazing and I have no regrets staying up until 3am two nights in a row to finish it. None at all.
    • Since I finished the above book so quickly, I was able to start my next selection from the library, In Search of the Perfect Loaf. I'm only a chapter in so far but it's great. I also want to eat every crusty loaf in sight.
  • Other
    • I don't know if this counts as reading, but The Husband gave me colored pencils and The Secret Garden coloring book for my birthday. I started working on a page. Man did I miss this.

Comments