What I Read This Week: July 12, 2015

If you have not seen Inside Out yet, get thee to a theatre. It was an ah-mazing movie. Also, thus continues the trend of Lady K and I having movie dates where we end up weeping through half the flick. These things should come with tissues.
  • Books
    • I started and finished the young adult classic, Island of the Blue Dolphins, this week. It holds up just as well as I expected it would.
    • In an effort to cross some things off the 2015 reading challenge, I started reading Tennessee Williams play, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. You would think I could finish it in one sitting.... but no. For some reason this one is taking me longer than I thought.
  • Other
    • I read an article on Salon about procrastination's sibling, pre-crastination. It is a thing I am guilty of.
    • Salon also posted an opinion piece against the term "maiden name." I took The Husband's last name after we married because he cared and I didn't (that is in the piece). If I cared, I would have kept it. But I can totally get behind not using the term maiden anymore. It is certainly outdated. 
    • Boston suffered through a brutal, snowy winter. The snow pile is still there. An article in The New York Times gives a fascinating insight into the mini-ecosystem. 

Comments