What I Read This Week: June 28, 2015

This was a pretty darn good week for me. The Husband and I tried a few new dinner meals and loved them all; the girls and I had a wonderful article club meeting; several important Supreme Court rulings actually made my day; I was highly productive at work; and one of the posts I did for our social media accounts was a HUGE hit. The Husband and I even got to dog sit the adorable Miss Penny. Puppy snuggles are the best!

I declare success!
  • Magazines
    • Food Network, July/August 2015 - Once again, a magazine is at it... taunting me with grilling and entertaining ideas I can't readily use. At least in this issue there were a few that do translate to the indoors. The largest chunk of this magazine was devoted to burgers, and they sure looked tasty. To go with the burgers, there were several red, white, and blue food ideas that would put anyone's food coloring stash to the test. Finally, I greatly enjoyed the pasta dinners and blueberry recipes. Now those are something I can actually do.
  • Books
    • I'm reading The Art of Eating In at a pretty steady pace. It's not quite what I expected it to be, but I do look forward to reading it every night. That has to mean something good.
  • Other
    • Article club met this week. For this meeting, we ready about the awesome Anna Kendrick and the Hollywood type machine. The last lines of the article sums up everything perfectly: "We all know that the women who surround us contain multitudes. Kendrick powerfully suggests that celebrities can as well."
    • I read an article on The Daily Beast that chronicled the death of lunch. Most of us eat on the go, so the death of the three martini power lunch is diminishing. I am a part of this problem.

Comments