Why I Love... A Stack on My Nightstand

A few weeks ago, I visited the library for the first time in months. MONTHS! I went in empty handed, and came out with three books to read. It felt great to finally visit my new-to-me local library. Now, I have a small stack of books on my nightstand.

Normally, I am the type of person who hates having things waiting for me. I clean up piles of stuff and plow through to do lists simply to great clean, fresh surfaces and new sheets of paper.  My productivity is motivated by "Ah! Clean this mess!" So, you'd think the pile of books on my nightstand would give me the drive to read, read, read. It doesn't. In fact, I find that the pile leads me to savor the book I have in my hand. For some reason, I am able to enjoy reading more when I know I have a book or two on deck. The physical pile on my nightstand is simply a reminder that there are more good things to come.

Comments