What I Read This Week: May 17, 2015

I got nothing. I'm searching my brain for something to write here, but I got nothing. Straight to the reading then!
  • Work
    • I finally worked my way through the pile of reading I collected while at Computers in Libraries. Most of the stuff I just skimmed, but I did read an article about digitizing material in the March/April 2015 issue of Online Searcher. It was a nice introduction to the kinds of projects my library might be attempting soon.
  • Magazines
    • The Atlantic, May 2015 - I was mostly unimpressed by this issue. Aside from the cover article on Starbucks and college, I mostly went "eh" while reading the stories. I guess not every issue of your favorite magazine has to be a winner.
  • Books
    • I finished reading The One and Only. I didn't "like" it but I didn't not like it. It's a weird sort of feeling that I kind of love. Now I need to track down another book to read, and I have no idea what I am in the mood for.
  • Other
    • I continued to read The New York Times feature articles about nail salons. The piece about the health effects was particularly disturbing.
    • In last Sunday's WaPo Magazine, there was a feature article on a woman who conserves textiles. It was right up my alley.

Comments