What I Read This Week: April 5, 2015

Short work week. Woot! You know what that means... I spent my days off cleaning all the things and washing all the laundry. I also purged and reorganized almost everything I could get my hands on in the apartment. I do this fairly regularly throughout the year so the piles of stuff to donate are not that large, but I feel accomplished nonetheless. Why I've held onto that unused wire cheese slicer for years is a mystery even to me. Then again, cheese is the most delicious.

Our wedding photographer also posted her blog update about our wedding. I might have squeed a bit when it came out... even though we've had all the pictures for months. I just love all of them so much; it's hard not to be excited every time I see them again.
  • Work
  • Magazines
    • The Atlantic, April 2015 - It took me just over a week to finish this issue because I was only reading an article or so a day. It was worth it. I learned and loved so much in this issue that The Husband was probable a touched annoyed that I kept reading snippets outloud with no warning. You should just read everything in this issue, but if you can't read it all, at least read the piece on "The False Gospel of Alcoholics Anonymous." It was eye-opening to say the least. You should also take a few minutes to read the shorter piece on the "Clones on the Court."
    • Washingtonian, April 2015 - Build all the things! (After rezoning all the land, of course.) I've lived in DC for 12 years and the transformation this city has undergone is astounding. I love that this magazine showed where it might be headed. I can only hope some of their predictions come to pass. In other news, the piece on the man who assassinated Lincoln's assassin was pretty darn interesting. Who knew? Finally, their was a brief article on the owner of restaurant Nora in Dupont Circle. I may need to make a reservation.
  • Books
    • Symbiont = Done! Nothing too spectacular, but Grant is good enough to make me want to read the next book in the series.
    • I'm a couple chapters into The Battle of Mogadishu. It's a compilation of essays about the Black Hawk Down incident in Somalia. Black Hawk Down by Mark Bowden is, hands down, my favorite non-fiction book. It's nice to read the perspectives of the men who actually lived through it.

Comments