What I Read This Week: April 12, 2015

I was so over this week by Wednesday. It was just so gray and rainy. Thank goodness the sun shown through this weekend. It salvaged things somewhat. The only upside to the weather is that it gave me a reason to stay in at night and finally start formatting things on Evernote. I have a horrible tendency to clip and clip and clip things... and then leave them sitting in my "To Sort" folder. I have a massive pile of work ahead of me, but at least I've begun to chip away at it.
  • Work
    • I finally read the Taylor and Francis white paper, "Use of Social Media by the Library," that had been sitting on my desk, untouched, for far too long. It was nice to see that most of the work my library is doing is on trend. Now if only I could figure out how to make us stand out.
    • American Libraries - Digital Supplement, March/April 2015 - This supplement focused on the American Dream Starts @ Your Library initiative. It was heartening to see all the good work that has been done. 
  • Magazines
    • HGTV Magazine, May 2015 - This issue was all about paint. Since we live in an apartment, The Husband and I don't do much of this activity, but I did enjoy many of the ideas... and, of course, the pretty pictures. I even pulled the idea of a "drop cloth" chair. It looked plain cool. The home tours in this issue were also quite inviting, particularly the one with the family who loves mid-century modern. 
  • Books
    • Surprisingly, I finished The Battle of Mogadishu. I expected it to take a lot longer to read... now I just need to find a new book.

Comments