Read-a-thon: Decision Time

Read-a-thon is Saturday. I sat out the last one because I needed that day for wedding planning... and sleeping. I thought missing one would make be uber-eager for the spring date. Instead, I find myself actually debating whether or not I want to participate. While I signed-up on the date the kick-off post came out, I've been hemming and hawing ever since.

I spent much of the weekend thinking about what to do. Normally, I attack read-a-thon full throttle. I prepare snackage, I make a library trip, I consider my book options, and I establish a plan of attack. The thought of putting that much energy into Saturday makes me cranky... but I still want to participate.

So, I've come to the following decision: I will indeed participate on Saturday, but I'll be more relaxed. No master plan, no special grocery trip. I'll simply grab a few books I have lying around the house and read whatever looks good. Food will happen on it's own. I'll read for as long (or short) as I want, and that will be that. Without the massive stress of planning for read-a-thon, I think I might actually be looking forward to Saturday.

I will do hourly posts as usual, but no extravagant ramp up this year... heck, I may even sleep-in if I need to.

Comments