Hour 8: Wherein Our Reader Lunches

CURRENTLY READING: The Newlywed Cookbook: Fresh Ideas & Modern Recipes for Cooking with & For Each Other by Sarah Copeland

THOUGHTS?: I'm enjoying the general content so far (building a kitchen, pantry, shopping, etc.) but it bugs me a touch that everything is organic this and fancy splurge that. Also, it's a touch "do this for your hubby" for my feminist side.

SNACKS AND STUFF: I ate lunch... and, yes, I understand the weirdness of eating canned soup while reading a from-scratch cookbook.

Wedding soup seemed appropriate for this cookbook.

I was only thinking "Don't drip on the book! Don't drip on the book!"

COMPANION UPDATE: He is screaming at the hockey game. With good reason! Our team is down by one. Nevermind. We just scored. Tie game. Woot!

ANYTHING ELSE?: I discovered that I need to dust our dining room. We've been leaving the windows open and there is a film of pollen on all the surfaces. I shall attack tomorrow.

PAGES READ THIS HOUR: 35
PAGES READ TOTAL: 509

BOOKS COMPLETED:
Shadows in the Vineyard: The True Story of the Plot to Poison the World's Greatest Wine by Maximillian Potter

The Secret Recipes: Unforgettable Dessert from the World’s Most Celebrated Bakery by Dominque Ansel

Comments